DNA testing continues to find proofs among HUFFORD descendants. To date, the following lines have been proven via DNA matches with autosomal tests:
• Snowie Beatrice Hufford (1905-1992) > Lewis Townsend Hufford (1869-1939) > Solomon Hufford (1838-1893) > Peter Hufford (b. abt 1788) > Christian Hoffart II (1746-1826) > Christian Hoffart (1716-1788).
• Earl Leslie Hufford (1907-1933) > Jesse Emanuel Hufford (1876-1959) > Emanuel Hufferd (1831-1913) > Abraham Hufford (1788-1859) > Casper Hoffert (1762-1825) > Christian Hoffart (1716-1788).
The above two lines are proved by a DNA match between Snowie’s grandson and Earl’s grandson, on chromosome # 8, from 11156163 to 18892233.
My line to the immigrant Christian Hoffart (1716-1788) is the following:
• Sarah Catherine Hooker (1871-1952) > Elizabeth Hufford (1851-1929) > Andrew Hufford (1827-1881) > Abraham Hufford (1788-1859) > Casper Hoffert (1762-1825) > Christian Hoffart (1716-1788).
Based on my line, the following lines are proven:
• Martha Jane Curtis (1927-1991) > Edith E. Hufford (1883-1952) > Jacob Leonard Hufford (1841-1907) > Jacob Staley Hufford (1798-1884) > Casper Hoffert (1762-1825) > Christian Hoffart (1716-1788).
[Proven by DNA from Martha Jane’s daughter.]
• Ivan Clyde Smith (1910-1959) > Mabel Edna McKinley > Mary Amelia VanHellen > Mary Ann Hufford > Jacob Staley Hoffert > Casper Hoffert > Christian Hoffart (1716-1788).
[Proven by DNA from Ivan’s son.]
• Norma Jean Hufford > Richard Robinson Hufford > Walter Arthur Hufford > David D. Hufford > Andrew Hufford > Abraham Hufford > Casper Hoffert > Christian Hoffart. … [Proven by DNA from Norma Jean’s grandson.]
• Dorothy Lorraine Hufford (1934-1972) > Clarence Everett Hufford, Sr. (1903–1987) > Levi Silas Lee Hufford (1871-1912) > Aaron J. Hufford (1846-1915) > Michael William Hufford, Sr. (1804-1875) > Casper Hoffert (1762-1825) > Christian Hoffart (1716-1788).
[Proven by DNA from Dorothy’s only daughter, who was placed for adoption at birth: a 5 cM match on chromosome # 13, from 108162547 to 109642722.]
• Vernon Clarence Carstensen (1928-2013) > Helen Anna Seiling (1904-1972) > Delia Mary Limmer (1874-1951) > Lucinda Hufford (1853-1914) > Jacob Stanley Hufford (1798-1884) > Casper Hoffert (1762-1825) > Christian Hoffart (1716-1788).
[Proven by DNA from Vernon’s son.]
• Fred Louis Remer (1944-1996) > Frederick Jesse Remer (1925-1973) > Jesse Henry Remer (1880-1949) > Mary Ann Bader (1854-1884) > Elizabeth Hufford (1826-1889) > John Hufford (1801-1825) > Casper Hoffert (1762-1825) > Christian Hoffart (1716-1788).
[Proven by DNA from Fred’s daughter.]
• Bess Levada Fasgold (1926-2010) > Iva Alberta Pumphrey (1898-1986) > Clara Elizabeth Hufford (1877-1967) > William Lafayette Hufford (1848-1928) > Jefferson Hufford (b. abt 1807; d. aft 1880) > John Hoffart (b. abt 1758; d. bef 18-May-1819) > Christian Hoffart (1716-1788).
[Proven by DNA from Bess’ son. This line has been problematic. The autosomal DNA match says the line is correct; however, another male descendant of this line has done a 37-marker Y-DNA test that showed a match at 0 points removed from someone who descends on a MOORE line from a MOORE who lived in Woodford County, Kentucky, in the 1800s, at the same time the HUFFORDs were there.]
If you are a HUFFORD descendant who has been able to prove your line with DNA testing, please share the information with me so that we can begin to collect information on proven lines. I’ll add the information here in this HUFFORD FAMILY HISTORY.
My line is above (Elizabeth Hufford). I have tested at familyTreeDNA, at 23andMe, and at ancestryDNA. My raw data has been uploaded at gedMatch.com, and I will provide my gedMatch number upon request.